The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
Don't Play with the Gods
"Don't Play with the Gods"
|Elven ruins northeast of Byways|
|Finding an Unsent letter with a Key to a chest|
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Elven ruins are as dangerous as they are beautiful. Clear proof of this fact was given by the bodies Geralt found while exploring just such a set of decaying monuments in Velen. One of the corpses was carrying a set of notes. Intrigued, Geralt unfurled the parchment and began to read...
- Dear Elke,
- Thank the gods fools believe in them! We've made good use of that fact twice now. Firstly, when we stole that load of silver from the temple. No one was watching it – because who could be brave enough to risk the gods' wrath by desecrating such a holy place? And then we hid it all in the ruins said to have been cursed by the elven gods. No one goes near there, no one even looks at them too closely – so we didn't even really have to hide it, as treasure's safer there than in the Vivaldi Bank.
- We'll spend the night in the woods, then I'll ride to Novigrad, find a buyer for the whole stash. We're going to be rich, Elke, rich! And maybe then I'll throw something in the plate, a token of my gratitude to superstition and stupidity!
- –Your Edgar
- To this day we still don't know exactly what happened. All that is certain is neither Edgar nor Elke ever came to collect the treasure hidden in the elven ruins. A druid friend of mine to whom I told this story claimed that they must have met with divine punishment. I hope Geralt avoids a similar fate, for he helped himself to the valuables the blasphemers had gathered.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Read the notes you found
- Search for the treasure in the elven ruins using your Witcher Senses