Death by Fire
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
"Death by Fire"
|On the road north-west of Codgers' Quarry|
|Happening on the scene|
|25 / 20|
Death By Fire is one of the secondary quests in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. While travelling along the road from Codgers' Quarry to the Border Post in Velen, Geralt comes upon a gang setting fire to cottage with the occupant trapped inside. After dealing with the thugs, he must clear the door using Aard. This allows the she-elf to run out of the burning cottage.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Men can be terribly cruel, especially to those of different races. The witcher had seen humans persecute nonhumans far too often. This time he witnessed a particularly appalling scene - a group of thugs wanting to burn a she-elf alive.
- Fortunately, the witcher managed to defeat the bandits and save the elf. Unfortunately, the witcher cannot be everywhere at once and not every victim of racial persecution can count on his help.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Defeat the bandits
- Clear the doorway and free the elf
- Talk to the survivor
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The quest will fail, if the player doesn't talk to the she-elf from the burning house.
- There is sometimes a glitch where there is no option to talk to the she-elf once she has escaped the house. Saving and reloading helps resolve the issue.
- Later in Novigrad Geralt saves her for the second time, though she doesn't show any gratitude. And to a witcher's displeased remark she answers if he expected her to "spread her legs" for him in appreciation. Which might have actually happened if it were The Witcher 1. PS. There is a small possibility that this is another she-elf which looks exactly the same and wears exactly the same clothing, since she is called just "Elf" and doesn't have a personal name.