The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
|This article is about the quest in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. For the similarly titled quest in the original game, see The Crown Witness.|
|Loc Muinne forest / Forest cave|
Diagram: Duelist's gauntlets
Diagram: Armor of Tir na Lia
Dancer + Deithwen (depending on route)
|Lilies and Vipers|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
In this quest, Brigida asks for an escort to a rendezvous by the river with a smuggler from whom she can get information regarding the fate of Anaïs and Boussy. This entails following her through the camp of the Order of the Flaming Rose toward the forest. Along the way, Geralt must protect Brigida from a variety of monsters and bandits taking care to keep her from harm.
Arriving at a crossroads of sorts, Geralt must decide which direction to take: through the cave, or along the path:
- Through the cave – the cave contains a few groups of nekkers and two fine swords: Dancer and Deithwen. After exiting the cave, there are some endregas as well as a group of bandits.
- Along the path – following the path simply leads directly to a large group of bandits.
Having finally reached the rendezvous point, Geralt and Brigida discover the body of the smuggler. They are then ambushed by one final group which includes a rather tough mage.
After the fight, Geralt has the opportunity to question Brigida, specifically getting information about the fate of the caravan and Counts Maravel and Kimbolt.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- The witcher and Brigida agreed that he would escort her to the river some distance away from Loc Muinne. From there, a smuggler whom the erstwhile nursemaid of Foltest's children had hired, would take her to safety. In return for conveying her safely, the woman had promised Geralt information on Boussy's and Anais' fate. The information was so sensitive that merely possessing it had placed Brigida in mortal danger. Geralt wasted no time and headed for Loc Muinne's main gate, where he was due to meet the crown witness.
- And met her he did. Geralt and Brigida made their way towards the river, the witcher looking keenly about for any signs of a possible ambush.
- When they reached the forest, Geralt took the lead and Brigida followed.
- The witcher's suspicions proved correct. In the forest brigands awaited in ambush, and the witcher had to repel them.
- Those few bandits aside, all other things came up roses - well, excepting the fact that the smuggler was dead. But Brigida had reached the river in one piece. Geralt had fulfilled his end of the deal, and the woman proceeded to fulfill hers. She told the witcher everything she knew about Boussy's disappearance, and gave him a valuable piece of evidence. Our hero could now return to Loc Muinne and begin his investigation.
- Having helped Brigida escape, the witcher returned to Loc Muinne.