Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Contract: The Apiarian Phantom
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
"Contract: The Apiarian Phantom"
|Notice board in Yantra / Holofernus Meiersdorf|
|250 / 249|
- Contract: The Apiarian Phantom
- Calling all bounty-hunters, trackers and witchers!
- Misfortune has fallen on Honeyfill and the apiary which for five generations has provided a livelihood for the entire Meiersdorf family! The apiarian phantom has descended upon us and has begun to destroy our hives, slay our bees and wreak general havoc all around! I shall be grateful for any help you can provide and guarantee a reward awaits you for work well done.
- -Holoferens Meiersdorf & Sons
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- If Geralt finds the notice first:
- While traversing the outskirts of Novigrad, Geralt happened across a contract on a creature known as the Apiarian Phantom. It had been hung by a certain Holofernes Meiersdorf, owner of the Honeyfill beekeeping plantation. Geralt decided to pursue the bounty.
- If Geralt finds Holofernus Meiersdorf first:
- While traversing the outskirts of Novigrad, Geralt came across a beekeeping plantation called Honeyfill tucked amidst some flowering meadows and fields. The owner of these lands, a halfling named Holofernes Meiersdorf, told Geralt that his apiary had been haunted for some time by the Apiarian Phantom, a wraith which kills the bees and destroys the hives of wayward beekeepers. Geralt decided to look into the matter.
- If Geralt finds the tracks left by the Apiarian Phantom first:
- While traversing the outskirts of Novigrad, Geralt came cross tracks which did not resemble those of any creature he knew from his world. His witcher instincts buzzing, he decided to investigate what had left them.
- Geralt's investigation revealed the monster was hiding in the basement of an unfinished home near the Meiersdorf estate. What Geralt had to do was clear: enter the basement and kill the beast.
- Once Geralt had forced his way in, he was greeted to an unexpected sight: the house's interior was completely frozen, and standing amidst the frost - a giant and terrifying creature Geralt knew to be one of the Wild Hunt's hounds. The beast put up quite the fight, but in the end Geralt proved stronger and bested his opponent. When he showed the beekeeper the trophy he had taken from the hound, he received a handsome reward.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Ask Holofernes Meiersdorf about the contract on the Apiarian Phantom
- Follow the halfling
- Examine the area in search of clues using your Witcher Senses
- Follow the footprints using your Witcher Senses
- Search the area around the lake using your Witcher Senses
- Follow the tracks using your Witcher Senses
- Open the basement
- Defeat the hound of the Wild Hunt
- Take a trophy from the hound of the Wild Hunt
- Collect your reward from Holofernes Meiersdorf