The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
Contract: Strange Beast
"Contract: Strange Beast"
|Larvik / Hindarsfjall|
|Notice board in Larvik|
|250 / 390 |
Nekker warrior trophy
Contract: Strange Beast is one of the contracts available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Contract: Monster on the High Road
- I need a hero. A man favored by the gods. Or a witcher. Anyone, really, who's not afraid to stand up to the ghastly creature what's been attacking folk walking the main road to Larvik.
- A reward's been set aside.
- If you don't fear death and long for fame in ballads, come see the village elder.
- –Thorleif, son of Bear Haugs
- P.S. Sverre, you stay home. You've done enough as it is.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- If Geralt investigates the ambush site along the road to Larvik before reading the notice:
- On the isle of Hindarsfjall, not far from the village known as Larvik, Geralt spied some monster tracks. Where there's a monster, there's work for a witcher. And where there's work for a witcher, there's coin to be made. Geralt decided to look into the matter.
- If Geralt reads the notice first:
- Skellige warriors are the hearty, adventure-loving sort, so surely they handle their own monster problems? No, not as it turns out. Geralt found a notice in a village called Larvik requesting assistance with clearing the area of some troublesome beasts.
- Geralt discovered that the nekkers dwelling in the nearby wood were led by a particularly strong nekker warrior. Its presence had made the others more aggressive and daring. The only way to solve this problem was to enter the nekkers' lair and kill their leader.
- In the end the alpha nekker fell to the witcher's blade. Geralt took its head as a trophy and went to Larvik to collect his reward.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Check the Larvik notice board
- Investigate the ambush site using your Witcher Senses
- Follow the tracks using your Witcher Senses
- Explore the cave (located just west-northwest of the village)
- Kill the nekkers in the nest to provoke their pack leader
- Kill the pack leader
- Take a trophy from the nekker warrior
- Collect your reward