The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
Contract: Mysterious Tracks
"Contract: Mysterious Tracks"
|Notice board in Lindenvale|
|400 / 295 |
- Contract on... Gods Know What On!
- Good Folk!
- Walking the woods recently I spied some odd tracks and couldn't for the life of me figure out what left them, even though I've many a hunt under my belt. You know me, I'm not one to make a ffuss, but I can't help but reckon they bode ill and we all should be on guard. And f anyone's seen something or figures he can identify the tracks, come see me, There's a reward.
- —Huntsman of Lindenvale
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- In the village of Lindenvale Geralt came across a highly unusual contract. A certain hunter was worried by some strange tracks he had found in the woods and sought someone who could help him determine to whom - or what - they belonged.
- The tracks took the witcher straight to a fiend's lair. Geralt quickly determined, however, that this monster was not the true threat to the local populace - not compared to what had killed it. That's right, something had beaten him to his initial task and slain the fiend, and he suspected this something was a chort attacking in an act of territorial warfare. Geralt had no other choice but to lure this powerful monster to him and attempt to slay it.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the hunter
- Search the forest using your Witcher Senses
- Find out where the scent is coming from using your Witcher Senses
- Find a way into the cave
- Explore the cave using your Witcher Senses
- Prepare some bait based on the alchemy formula
- Pour the bait around the hill (4)
- Wait in the cave for the chort to catch the scent
- Kill the chort
- Collect your reward for killing the chort