Contract: Muire D'yaeblen
"Contract: Muire D'yaeblen"
|Notice board in Kaer Trolde harbor / Bjorg|
|250 / 187 |
Water hag trophy
Contract: Muire D'yaeblen is one of the contracts available in The Witcher 3. After speaking with Bjorg, Geralt must interrogate some other witnesses including Rurik, the Boatwright's Apprentice and Tove, the widow of one of the missing men.
- Contract: Muire D'yaeblen
- Craving glory and gold? Got a sharp blade and not afeared of death? Them come see Bjorg the master boatbuilder, for he's got work for you.
- It's the muire d'yeablen in the Kaer Trolde bay – they need to be killed, for they've multiplied and grown so fierce you run into them every time you leave the harbor.
- Kill the beasts, and you'll become famed throughout all the isles, and your purse'll be heavy with gold!
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- The sea is a source of endless riches for the inhabitants of Skellige. It offers up a near-endless bounty of fish, pearls and amber. At times, however, the archipelago's icy waters also spew out monsters whom even the fierce warriors of the island's [sic] cannot slay.
- The village at the foot of Kaer Trolde, for example, found itself plagued by some particularly aggressive drowners. The local shipbuilder promised Geralt a reward if he could solve this problem for them. Geralt, for whom killing drowners was as simple and effortless as relieving his bladder, was certain he was in for some easy coin.
- The caves under the cliffs of Ard Skellig were indeed chock full of drowners, but they were not the true danger. Far more troublesome was the hater hag with which these lesser evils dwelled in close proximity. Making the most of this fact, Geralt brewed a scent from the glands, counting on it masking his own (which meant it was quite powerful indeed, I must add, having had personal experience with the strongly pungent aroma Geralt develops after several days in the saddle). After doing this, the witcher hid in the darkest corner of the lair and waited for the monster to return to its home...
- Geralt slew the water hag and returned for the promised coin. Not for the first time, he was in for an unpleasant surprise: when the bill came due, the boatbuilder regretted the generosity he had felt while drafting his notice.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the shipbuilder near the Kaer Trolde bay
- Talk to witnesses of the drowners' activities (25 )
- Investigate the place where the drowners were seen using your Witcher Senses
- Search for the drowners' lair using your Witcher Senses
- Prepare a potion using drowner pheromones and use it to hide your scent
- Hide in the water hag's lair and wait for the monster to return
- Kill the water hag
- Take a trophy from the water hag
- Collect your reward from the shipbuilder