Contract: Lord of the Wood
"Contract: Lord of the Wood"
|Cunny of the Goose|
Forests near Logger's Hut
|Notice board / Brean Hotsch|
|250 / 195 |
Contract: Lord of the Wood is one of the contracts available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Contract: Devil in the Woods
- Dear witcher, sir (if any be present hereabouts, that is)
- I've a hunch – eh, what am I saying – I'm dead certain that the woods I was lucky enough to gain possession of – or at least, I felt lucky about that till recently – that these woods are home to a cruel creature, a devil of some kind. I hired a gang of dwarven loggers not long back to harvest lumber. Strapping lads, every last one having cut down many a mighty tree in his life. So you can imagine my surprise when said loggers all disappeared, all save one, and he claimed to have seen a monster. I've marked out a bounty for freeing my stretch of woods from all foul creatures, and dearly hope that soon I will have the pleasure of giving it to someone.
- – Brean Hotsch
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- A certain halfling named Brean Hotsch had hung a notice stating he was in need of a professional monster slayer. Geralt decided to see what was the matter.
- After a detailed investigation of the shrubbery and thicketry lining the forest floor (what exactly he looks for during such investigations is a complete mystery to me - I see nothing but endless chances to tear one's hose), Geralt concluded he was tracking a leshen. In order to defeat this elusive monster, he would first need to provoke it into attacking him. That's right, dear reader: he planned to deliberately provoke a leshen - the very thought sends shivers down my spine.
- Once Geralt had defeated the leshen, the halfling paid up without making any fuss. There's no denying it: Brean Hotsch proved himself an honorable individual.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Brean Hotsch
- Use your Witcher Senses to follow the wagon tracks to where the monster attacked
- Find the site of the attack using your Witcher Senses
- Find the woodcutter's hut where Hotsch is staying
- Investigate the site of the monster's attack (25 )
- Talk to witnesses
- Use your Witcher Senses to follow the sounds and find the leshen's totem
- Lure the leshen out by destroying its totem
- Kill the leshen
- Take a trophy
- Collect your reward from Brean Hotsch