The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|Fyresdal / Ard Skellig|
|Notice board in Fyresdal / Vagn|
|350 / 204 |
Contract: Dragon is one of the contracts available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Contract: Dragon
- Listen careful, folks!
- A dragon to top all dragons, a terror straight from the skjalds' tales, has infested the lands about Fyresdal. It's fifty foot long, a hundred foot tall and can incinerate a man with fire from a hundred spans off or maybe even more - it's hard to say exactly, for no man's been anywhere near that close to the creature and escaped with his life.
Yet I've faith that there's a son of Skellige brave enough to defend us from this evil by slaying the dragon. In exchange, he'll get more than just a reward - he'll have the right to take the gold which, as every fool knows, those foul beasts guard in their lairs.
- -Vagn, village elder
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Geralt caught word that the villagers of Fyresdal had caught sight of a dragon. Though the witcher codex barred him from killing these noble and intelligent creatures, he decided to investigate the matter all the same.
- His investigation uncovered that what the Fyresdal residents had seen was not a dragon but a forktail – a beast that, while undoubtedly dangerous, has about as much in common with a dragon as do dragonflies. Geralt tracked down the monster's nest (which it had made in an abandoned siege tower), but the forktail itself was nowhere to be found. Geralt decided that, rather than wait for the beast to return, he would lure it back home using bait.
- The village elder honored Geralt with the gift of a lamb – though the animal he gave was certainly not the choicest member of the flock. From what Geralt later told me, the poor creature looked like a furry water hag and had an even worse temperament.
If Geralt is honest about the forktail:
- Geralt defeated the monster and returned to the village to collect his reward. This turned out to be smaller than first offered – having learned that the beast was no dragon but a much less dangerous forktail, the village elder decided the witcher's honorarium should likewise be proportionally smaller. This was not the first time honesty had lightened the witcher's purse.
If Geralt is not honest about the forktail:
- Geralt defeated the monster and returned to collect his reward. Not wanting to take from the villagers their story about the dragon (which had already made them the envy of all the isles) Geralt decided to hide the true identity of the beast he had slain.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the village elder of Fyresdal
- Talk to the victims' mother
- Examine the victims' bodies using your Witcher Senses
- Use your Witcher Senses to follow the monster's tracks to the site of the attack
- Follow the monster's tracks using your Witcher Senses (25)
- Talk to the village elder in Fyresdal about bait
- Guide the sheep to the forktail's nest
- Kill the forktail
- Take a trophy from the forktail
- Return to the village elder in Fyresdal for your reward
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When asking for a sheep as bait, the village elder asks Geralt if he plans on stuffing the sheep with sulfur. To which the witcher replies, "Ahh, another ally of the brave little shoemaker… No, I'll manage without sulfur. Just need a sheep. Unseasoned." This is a clear reference to Sheepbagger's plan in the short story "The Bounds of Reason" in the Sword of Destiny collection.
- Herding the sheep, Mia, "like a dog" as the elder suggests can be frustrating at best. An easier way is to cast Axii on her and she will follow Geralt to the Dragon's location and, if spared, will follow Geralt around the island while he is there.