Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Five Chivalric Virtues
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
The Five Chivalric Virtues are: Honor, wisdom, generosity, valor and compassion. Inscriptions on monoliths by Lac Célavy elaborate on them.
- Honor: Honor cannot be purchased. Honor also cannot be sold, for its value is greater than all the treasure in the world. Yet one can lose it, and whoever does so shall have sullied his name for all eternity. A truly honorable man always stands behind his actions, faces every challenge and refuses to lie.
- Wisdom: Wisdom is a virtue which one should strive to cultivate throughout one's life, for it is impossible to be so wise one cannot become even wiser. The wise know this… As we journey through life, we should seek to make wise choices. Remember, wise choices are not those which make our lives easier or simpler. Often, they make them more complicated. But always they make us better.
- Generosity: No man can be called good who does not share his prosperity with others. Generosity is required for dignity in life and peace in death.
- Valor: Valor does not make one good, yet how many good men have you met in your life's journey who were cowards? Those who possess valor do not hesitate to stand against the majority, no matter what the consequences.
- Compassion: There are many traits which bear witness to a man's true nature. Compassion is what separates men from beasts. Whoever feels sympathy for his fellow man will never turn a blind eye to misfortune. He will instead always stand in defense of the wronged.