Capture the Castle
"Capture the Castle"
|Blood and Wine|
|The Man from Cintra|
The Night of Long Fangs
Capture the Castle is a main quest in the Blood and Wine expansion.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Ducal guardsmen commanded by Captain Damien de la Tour were to aid Geralt in storming Dun Tynne – this was the duchess' wish and command. The briefing before the assault would be held at the mill where Dettlaff had recently dispatched Count de la Croix in cold blood.
- Within Dun Tynne's walls, the witcher came upon Roderick. The old knight had erred many times in his life, yet never as gravely as he had when opening his castle to a group of bandits, a vandaguild. He had been persuaded to do so by none other than Syanna, Duchess Anny Henrietta's sister. The young woman had clearly captured the lord of Dun Tynne's affections, or perhaps merely aroused his passions. This achieved, she had quickly wrapped him round her finger. Interestingly, Roderick seemed to know Syanna well, yet he had heard nothing of her abduction. Having questioned the wounded knight as much as he wished, Geralt set off for the castle's keep, in a room of which he expected to find Anna Henrietta's dear sibling.
- While storming Dun Tynne, Geralt was surprised to find he had two allies – Regis and Dettlaff. Naturally, the witcher assisted by two higher vampires plowed through the castle's defenders about like the Nilfgaardian conflagration had plowed through Cintra. At long last they reached the room where Geralt expected to find Syanna… And he was not disappointed. Yet it turned out Syanna was not just the young lady banished from court those many years ago. No, she was also Rhena, the missing, presumed-to-be-kidnapped young woman who was Dettlaff's beloved. The witcher and company learned she had controlled the Cintrian, bidding him to steal Sangreal wine as well as the ducal jewel. She had also sent Dettlaff the names of the intended victims. The vampire needed all his strength to quell his desire to tear her to shreds then and there. He seemed a shard of ice as he set a meeting time and place – Syanna was to appear at Tesham Mutna three days hence to explain herself. The witcher found himself between a rock and a hard place. One the one hand, a vampire consumed by fury demanded he deliver Syanna to him in three days' time. On the other hand, Anna Henrietta awaited, expecting Dettlaff's head on a silver platter.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Meet Damien at Count de la Croix's mill after midnight.
- Search Dun Tynne for Syanna and Rhena.
- Defeat Roderick and his men. (500 )
- What will become of Roderick?
- I'll help you. (×)
- Not my problem.
- Meeting up with Regis and Dettlaff. (500 )
- Defeat the guards and reach Dun Tynne's keep.
- Rhena: "What's your point?"
- You lied to Dettlaff, used him.
- Just confess, why don't you. (×)
- Geralt solving the case:
- Kidnapping was a farce.
- Syanna and Rhena - they're one and the same person. (×)
- Rhena will join up with Dettlaff:
- Conscience gets to you now? (×)
- Didn't expect this.
- Duchess: "Roderick shall answer for treason and blackmail."
- Roderick had no knowledge of the blackmail.
- Oughta answer for being a dunce. (×)
- Her duchess knows of the situation that Syanna and Rhena are the same person. (1500 )
- Regis: "You upset?"
- I don't get upset. Mutations, remember?
- Coulda happened to anyone. (×)
- Duchess: "Where is Dettlaff?"
- Don't know.
- Working on it. (×)
- Duchess: "My beagles might have done a better job."
- We'll find him, sooner or later. (×)
- Maybe you should summon your beagles, then.
- Vampires and foxes, game in general, exhibit certain essential differences.
- Story continues in The Night of Long Fangs.