The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
Burlap is the New Stripe
"Burlap is the New Stripe"
|Blood and Wine|
|Banishing Dettlaff after he kills Syanna.|
The Perks of Being a Jailbird
Burlap is the New Stripe is a main quest in the Blood and Wine expansion.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- During her final confrontation with the Beast of Beauclair, Sylvia Anna, sister to Her Highness Anna Henrietta, had died tragically. The duchess was understandably distraught, for she had just recently been reunited with her long lost sibling. She was also understandably irate with Geralt and had the witcher thrown into the dungeon. There, in a somber mood, he awaited his sentence, expecting the worst.
Though at base she is known to have a heart of gold, Anarietta is also known to be highly impetuous. The smallest misdeed can at times bring a severe penalty, especially if she deems the transgression a personal offence. Believe me, I know.
- Who knows what might have happened to the witcher had not our mutual friend Regis demonstrated such clarity of mind. He did the sole reasonable thing under the circumstances and sent for yours truly.
Immediately, and without hesitating for even a moment to think that my life, too, could be in danger, I mounted my steed and rode post haste to Toussaint. Luckily, I managed to convince Anarietta – that is to say, Her Illustrious Highness – to spare Geralt's life and restore his freedom.
The witcher, saved through my efforts, was reunited with Regis. The vampire awaited him at the prison gate only to draw him into another misadventure. For Regis had been unable to rid himself of a thought. Namely, he believed Syanna had planned five murders from the start. He was tormented and wished to know the identity of the fifth intended victim. He suggested to Geralt that they investigate the matter to its end.
- They first sought out the bootblack. The boy directed them to a poorhouse. It was there they learned Syanna had indeed planned five murders. All to wreak vengeance upon those who had caused her to be banished from the court and the Ducal Palace. The final victim was to have been her very own sister, Duchess Anna Henrietta.
- Few know the human soul and its complexities as poets do. Thus, I do not wonder why the witcher chose to inform Duchess Anna Henrietta of his findings. Driven by his sense of duty, he told her that Syanna, the sister miraculously and recently restored to her, then suddenly and irretrievably lost, had planned to have her murdered. Geralt was simply seeking to bring matters to a close. He does not, alas, possess that sixth sense that would allow him to foresee the duchess' reaction. Luckily, I was there (again) to quell the emotional outburst that might have meant the witcher's end.
- Geralt and Regis made their way to the vampire's crypt at the charming Mère-Lachaiselongue Cemetery. There, they indulged in some well-deserved respite while sipping Regis' exquisite (as they both assured me) mandrake hooch.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Play gwent against Prisoner for Stefan's bread.
- Find and quickly collect the Notes found in the Toussaint prison hidden in a wall cache. (If Geralt is beaten down by the guards, he loses 50% of his coin.)
- Launches quest The Perks of Being a Jailbird.
- Go to the laundry.
- Pick up the soap.
- Pick up the dirty clothes. (2)
- Put the soap and the clothes in the washtub.
- Pick up the stick.
- The guys who where harassing the bootboot ended up in prison, now harassing Geralt:
- Defeat your opponents.
- Follow the guard.
- Damien: "Truly? Is that all you care about? Your own hide?"
- My Life? Yeah, I care.
- A few other things I care about, too... (×)
- Follow the guard to the exit.
- Retrieve your things from the chest.
- Exit the prison.
- Regis: Investigate the 5th possible victim talking to the bootblack.
- Fine. Let's go now.
- Join you later. (×)
- Terrible idea.
- Talk to the bootblack during the day.
- Geralt: On beggars delivering the notes.
- Where'd the beggars get the letters from? (×)
- Remember what they looked like?
- Find the shelter.
- Defeat the attackers. (at the shelter)
- Beggar: "I still have mine. I'm to deliver it two days after the Feast of Saint Barnabas."
- Give me that letter.
- Letter's meaningless now. (×)
- Letter revealing the fifth victim
- Regis: "Unless, that is, you feel a witcherly duty to see the duchess and tell her what we just learned."
- Tell Anna Henrietta about your last contract.
- Don't want to upset the duchess.
- Got something to tell the duchess. About her sister. (×)
- Geralt: On beggars delivering the notes.
- At the cemetery talking to Regis, they do not end up searching for mandrake roots.
- And thus Geralt's adventure ends.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The name of this quest is an allusion to the Netflix series "Orange Is the New Black".
- On collecting some of the items in the prison: trying to collect them will alert the guards who will then attack. The items become unavailable after the laundry incident though:
- The talk with the bootblack also takes place in Pomp and Strange Circumstance.