Big Game Hunter
"Big Game Hunter"
|Blood and Wine|
|The Chuchote Cave, and the region west-southwest of it.|
|Notice board outside The Cockatrice Inn.|
|250 / 240 |
The White Wolf, by Count Beledal
- The witcher Geralt of Rivia, known as the White Wolf, is wanted to serve as a guide. His potential employer guarantees an ample wage for this unusual contract. For more information, he should go to Count Beledal's temporary base camp in Toussaint.
- NOTE: We kindly request all other persons not present themselves at said camp under the pretense of being Geralt of Rivia. Count Beledal was not born yesterday and can easily tell who is a witcher and who is faking it. All those journeying to his camp in shabby costumes with wooden swords strapped to their backs can save themselves the trouble and turn back.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- One day, Geralt happened upon an unusual contract notice. Someone was seeking the aid not of some unnamed witcher, but specifically of the witcher named Geralt of Rivia. The notice listed no other details, so Geralt, admittedly intrigued, resolved to see what was it issue.
- The individual so intent on employing the White Wolf and no other was a certain Count Beledal, a nobleman from Kovir. The aristocrat wished to embark on a nature trek with the legendary witcher, and my dearest friend, as his guide. As the count was offering an exceptionally generous fee, and the job seemed simple enough in its nature, Geralt did not take long to accept the job.
- The excursion with the Koviri noble proved rather refreshing, though not nearly as safe and certainly not as boring as Geralt had initially assumed it would be. During its course, the witcher was forced to fight giant centipedes, to tame a number of panthers, and to attempt to control a flock of peacocks. In a word, he had a grand old time, while at the excursion's end his coin pouch grew markedly heavier.
Pleased with the excursion and with Geralt for proving a consummate professional, Count Beledal invited the witcher to attend a picnic he was to host the very next day.
- To refuse the invitation of a luminary such as Count Beledal would have been tactless. Thus Geralt appeared at the nobleman's temporary residence at the appointed time. There he had an opportunity to view the paintings his host had produced based on the illusions he had captured during their excursions using the parestisomach. Grateful for the excellent job the witcher had done as his guide, the count decided to additionally reward him, granting Geralt one of his works.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Count Beledal
- Check Count Beledal's map to find good spots from which to spot animals.
- Escort Count Beledal.
- Escort Count Beledal near the panthers' lair.
- Use your Witcher Senses to find the panthers.
- Free the panther from the trap.
- [Optional] Calm the panther.
- Lead Count Beledal to the giant centipedes' lair.
- Follow the sound.
- Find a place with a good view of the lair. (3)
- Wait for the count.
- Destroy the nest to flush the giant centipedes out.
- Wait for the count to "preserve" the giant centipedes.
- Return to Count Beledal.
- Lead the count to the place where peacocks live. (Count Beledal's map updated.)
- Use your Witcher Senses to find the peacocks' tracks.
- Follow the peacocks' trail. (Odorous peacock feather ×3)
- Wait until the count is ready.
- Use the Axii Sign to force the peacocks to open their tails. (3)
- Kill the giant centipede. (7+150 , 240 )
- Wait until noon tomorrow and go to the picnic.
- [Optional] Peruse the exhibit.
- Talk to Count Beledal. (100 , The White Wolf, by Count Beledal)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A special gift for Geralt from the count: The White Wolf, by Count Beledal.