|Kaer Morhen valley|
|50 / Tor'haerne diagram|
Berengar's Blade is one of the quests available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- In one of the now-unused bedrooms of Kaer Morhen Geralt found a note left by Berengar, a witcher who had once been his companion and colleague. The note indicated Berengar had been working on forging an exceptional sword called Tor'haerne. The note was sparing in its details, so Geralt decided to ask Vesemir if he knew something more on the subject.
- The elder witcher told Geralt the story of how Berengar had tried to forge a silver sword with extraordinary characteristics. All his attempts, however, went awry and he lost the diagram while trekking downriver to kill a chort.
- Geralt finished what Berengar had started: he followed the same route, killed the monster and retrieved the Tor'haerne diagram.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Find Berengar's notes in a chest in the western part of Kaer Morhen, to the west of the grindstone in the 2nd courtyard.
- Read Berengar's notes.
- Talk to Vesemir.
- Head down the river to the chort's cave.
- Explore the cave using your Witcher Senses.
- Kill the chort.
- Look for the Tor'haerne diagram, for a relic silver sword, in the cave using your Witcher Senses.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This quest cannot be triggered if Geralt already has the silver blade Tor'haerne or more precisely the diagram for it in his possession.
- Once you revisit Kaer Morhen, this is during Ugly Baby, and have picked up Berengar's notes, you will need to talk to Vesemir. But if he is still at the main gate talking to Uma, he will not react to Berengar's notes. Geralt needs to wait until Vesemir relocates to the main hall. To speed up the process, talk e.g. to Lambert and offer to help him with The Final Trial. Vesemir will then be in the hall and will talk about Berengar's attempts to forge a special sword.