Ballad of Torgeir the Red
|Ballad of Torgeir the Red|
Read for additional information
|Quest items / Books|
Price to buy
Price to sell
This document is found in the corridor between the cells under the ruins of Castle Tuirseach.
Associated quest[edit | edit source]
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Hark! ... I shall sing you a tale
- Of a jarl, brave and true, a warrior bold
- Friend to his people, and to his foes wrath unrolled.
- Like a sturdy ship, his courage never leaked.
- Might was Jarl Torgeir of Clan Tuirseach.
- For a man so grand, the Isles held plunder too few
- So up Alba's shining waters he sailed with his crew.
- Arriving at the City of Golden Towers' walls
- He razed, ravaged and roared and shook the emperor's halls.
- But Nilfgaard knows to suture strife with coin
- And so out cutthroats crept, the jarl in battle to join
- Lured by the fattened Nilfgaardian purse
- To Skellige sailed bandits, villains and worse.
- Girded for battle, the jarl stood in his fort
- Yet Nilfs know no more honor than demon or chort.
- A catapult they brought 'gainst the jarl's mighty keep.
- The walls crumbled, buying his warriors deep.
- An ocean of rubble swallowed men a great many,
- Here we name but few of that noble company:
- The pilgrim Tore, Stig of Dovre born, Slumbering Sigvard
- And the witcher Gerd, to the last the jarl's faithful guard.
- [rest of ballad illegible]