|Crevan Espane aep Caomhan Macha|
Avallac'h in The Witcher 3
|Interdimensional travelling between Tir ná Béa Arainne and Tir ná Lia|
Crevan Espane aep Caomhan Macha, also known as Avallac'h, was an elf and Aen Saevherne who traveled between the worlds of the Aen Elle and Aen Seidhe. He met Geralt and told the witcher about a prophecy connected with Ciri. He was nicknamed 'Fox' by the unicorns and is described as fair-haired and tall.
Avallac'h features in The Witcher 3.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- The being trapped within Uma's tortured husk turned out to be Avallac'h — a powerful Sage of the Aen Elle elves. Geralt had made his acquaintance years before. Already during these prior encounters Avallac'h had displayed an intense and frankly, rather unnerving interest in the Elder Blood and its bearer, Ciri. His exact motives were unclear at the time, and he had made no particular effort to explain them to Geralt.
- Geralt likewise had no idea what bound Ciri and the elf now. There was no doubt Avallac'h had helped her, had saved her numerous times from the Wild Hunt — but why? Alas, the Sage, quivering on a razor's edge between life and death, offered no answers to Geralt's burning questions.
- He did, however, muster enough strength to utter a crucial piece of information — Ciri's location.
- When Geralt got a chance to talk to Ciri about Avallac'h, he learned that the Sage had been her tutor and mentor for some time. They were bound by a common enemy. Avallac'h had been the chief advisor to the previous ruler of the Aen Elle, whose demise had precipitated a conflict between Avallac'h and the successor, Eredin. The Sage had thus made it his mission to protect Ciri from his new king's malicious designs, whatever the cost.
- Ciri made it clear to Geralt that she trusted the Sage. He had saved her life on numerous occasions – including when, feeling the onset of the curse that would transform him into Uma, he resolved to hide her form the Wild Hunt on the Isle of Mists.
- Avallac'h played a key role in staving off defeat during the defense of Kaer Morhen. After the battle, he advised the witcher that ultimate victory over Eredin and his ghastly cavalcade would only be possible with magic assistance. That meant Geralt would have to once again pact with members of the infamous Lodge of Sorceresses...
- Seizing the calm before the storm, Avallac'h tried once more to teach Ciri to control her incredible talent. He soon found that Ciri was as stubborn a pupil as she was gifted - something that Geralt had discovered for himself much earlier.
- Drawing on his knowledge of internal Aen Elle politics and the strengths and weaknesses of the Wild Hunt's commanders, Avallach crafted a plan to eliminate one of Eredin's most powerful allies - his master of manipulation, Ge'els.
- In order to accomplish this, Avallac'h was willing to do anything - even risk a dangerous journey to Tir ná Lia.