The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
And a Curse and Love and Betrayal
"And a Curse, and Love, and Betrayal" is one of the biggest fan-made adventure modules for "The Witcher". It took the creators three years to finish it. The adventure was released in Polish on 25th January 2011 and it was released in English on 17th April 2011. It was also published in the issue 160 of the French magazine "PC Jeux" on the magazine's DVD.
The adventure features[edit | edit source]
- 10-12 hours of gameplay
- more than 100 thousand words
- 18 new music tracks
- replayability due to multiple story paths
- several side quests in addition to the main quest
The plot[edit | edit source]
Geralt is looking for Yennefer. He comes to a small village and gets two contracts: a young woman wants to remove a curse from her lover who turns into a wolf at day and the chief of the village wants to clean up the local gold mine of all the monsters.
[edit | edit source]
- based on an idea by Marcin Kozak,
- written by Wojciech Łaba (main quest, side quests), Michał Zyśk (main quest), Tomasz Nowakowski, Marcin Kozak and Adam Dukszto (side quests),
- implemented by Adam Dukszto (main quest and side quests) and Sebastian Buczek (side quests, decorating interiors)
- music composed by Grensir and Stanisław Sosna,
- translated into English by Adam Dukszto,
- text editing for English version by Corylea,
- cutscenes made by Adam Wiśniowski, Adam Dukszto and Sebastian Buczek,
- 3d models created by Adam Beczyński, Adam Dukszto and Marqson,
- tested by Krzysztof Wiśniowski.
Thanks to Square Crusaders Team for the possibility to use a few of their models created for their "Requiem for a Witcher" project and for a few loading screens.
Installation[edit | edit source]
To install the adventure double click the file "And_a_curse_and_love_setup".
If you play the box version, make sure that the patch 1.4 or 1.5 is installed (The Witcher Platinum box edition is already patched). Please, do not alter the default installation path chosen by the installer.
To play the adventure:
- a) click "NEW GAME",
- b) click "New adventures",
- c) select and double click "AND A CURSE, AND..." from the list to the left.
Links[edit | edit source]
You can download the adventure from ModDB: