The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
An Unpaid Debt
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
"An Unpaid Debt"
|2 (in either case)|
|Stranger in a Strange Land|
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Geralt was only able to escape from Madman Lugos' prison thanks to the help of a mysterious old man called Simun Brambling. It was he who convinced the guard to let Geralt out, warning Geralt first that he would one day demand a favor in return. Geralt had managed to forget about the whole incident - but not Simun. The old man found Geralt and demanded he repay his debt.
- If Geralt fulfills his debt to Simun:
- Geralt did what Simun demanded - he killed a man who had done him no wrong. As you can see, dear reader, at times one must act dishonorably in order to maintain one's honor.
- If Geralt refuses Simun:
- Geralt decided he'd rather stain his honor than spill the blood of an innocent man. Simun did not accept this excuse and decided to kill Geralt alongside his age-old rival. The old warrior underestimated the witcher, however, and after a short fight he died from wounds delivered by the witcher's blade.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Meet with Simun in the hut by the lake
- Depending on Geralt's decision:
- Kill Simun's enemy
- Kill Simun
Note[edit | edit source]
- During Stranger in a Strange Land, once imprisoned at Kaer Muire, it is possible to use the Axii Sign Delusion (possibly requires level 3) to convince the prison guard to be let out. This precludes "An Unpaid Debt" though, since Geralt did not escape with the help of a fellow prisoner named Simun Brambling. Thus the quest is missable.
- After talking to the jarl, completing The Cave of Dreams for him and then reporting on his son's success seems to help pass enough time for Simun to get out of prison as well (Simun mentioned that the time was not right to escape, when Geralt asks).
- Simun can then be found at the door of The New Port inn. Talk to him and accept to help, only then does "An Unpaid Debt" begin.