|Moon dust bombs|
Black blood potions
Random color of armor dye
Associated quest[edit | edit source]
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- One can be forgiven for thinking garkains harbor some kind of particular hatred for humans. After all, given what humans are like, it would be hard to blame them.
– Agnes of Myrkvid, druid flaminica and scholar.
- When a vampire gives a witcher a contract to kill another vampire, you can be certain neither of the two is entirely normal.
The contract seemed simple enough, though Geralt knew his target was a vampire. Yet one must bear in mind vampires are a very diverse group and their various species differ from one another greatly.
- The witcher established the individual he sought had long, hooked claws with which it could tear apart a body with ease, leaving behind venom which hindered the clotting of blood. What’s more, it could use these claws to scale even the sheer outer wall of a building, giving others the impression it possessed mind-boggling powers. Geralt also realized his opponent was an experienced predator able to set ambushes for its prey and attack it unexpectedly.
- The monster he was tracking turned out to be a powerful type of garkain, a pack leader or alpha.
- As the witcher expected, in addition to its ability to emit waves of mental energy, this alpha garkain also had powerful venom at its disposal.
- The monster killed for pleasure, not just to satisfy its hunger. It must be admitted that Geralt also gained a measure of satisfaction from eradicating this beast, for he could still remember the massacre in the orphanage for which this garkain was responsible.