Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Ain Soph Aur
|Ain Soph Aur|
Ain Soph Aur
Price to buy
Price to sell
The book, Ain Soph Aur, is a quest item and provides information on the Mage's tower in the Swamp. It is requested, along with The Secret Gates, by Kalkstein as part of A Mysterious Tower as the two books hopefully contain some information on how to open the tower.
This is a quest item, and as such it can not be sold.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Ain Soph Aur
- "Ten wordly elements, ten corner stones. All emerged from these ten. Seeker, lift your eyes, search your past and you shall find.
- He who knows your course holds Wisdom and will share it when asked.
- Another has gained uncountable riches, yet has Compassion in his heart.
- Your heart, in turn, does not harbor Love, but it is with one who knows mercy, one able to love.
- Once blind, now plunge into your mind, your memory. Dark and dangerous is the path from enslavement to the promised Kingdom.
- A goddess thrice over — Virgin, Mother, Old Woman. Three faces, three graces: Understanding, Power, Glory. Achievable through sacrifice and prayer.
- The Foundation lies in the deep. Be not tempted by the errant fires. Defeat death and you will be rewarded.
- Victory is gained only by fighting its sentry.
- He who leads through labyrinthine mysteries will offer you the Crown of consciousness.
- At your path's end, Awareness will be yours, you will comprehend. What is locked will open before you.
- The ten names are: Wisdom — Chocc'mah, Understanding — Veen'ah, Love — Kezath, Compassion — Tipperath, Power — Ghe'vrath, Victory — Neh'tza, Glory — 'Oth, Foundation — Y'esath, Kingdom — Maal'kad, Crown — Keth'aar."
Journal entries[edit | edit source]
Location: Mage's tower
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Location[edit | edit source]
- Golan Vivaldi in Little Mahakam (the non-human district) of the Temple Quarter has a copy, which he will sell to Geralt. If Geralt had to bail Vivaldi out of jail, depending on the choice made in Chapter I regarding whether or not to kill the Scoia'tael who come for Haren Brogg's crates, then the dwarf gives him this book along with The Secret Gates.
- Gramps also has a copy of this book at his hut in the Swamp.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The book is requested by Kalkstein as background material to help open the Mage's tower in the swamp.
- The literal meaning of the name is "The Light of The Infinite" and the phrase is properly constructed as "Ohr Ein Sof" (in the game the order is reversed).
- Ein Sof is understood as infinite divinity. "Ein Sof" is the divine origin of all created existence: this is in contrast to the "Ein" (or Ayn), which is infinite. The ten Sephirot are aspects of the divine.