A Towerful of Mice
"A Towerful of Mice"
|Reject Anabelle's request:
Take Anabelle's remains:
Watch all 6 ghost scenes (optional):
|An Invitation from Keira Metz|
A Favor for a Friend
A Towerful of Mice is a secondary quest encountered in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Another quest needed to romance the sorceress Keira Metz, it concerns Keira sending the witcher to Fyke Island to lift a curse amidst the ruins of the old tower. The magic lamp acquired during Magic Lamp quest will have a practical use. Keira will not follow and support Geralt this time, but she has another way staying in contact with him via a bauble device called the Xenovox.
As soon as Geralt is nearing the tower, he should make use of the magic lamp to watch the spectre's story. Entering the tower shows it was a laboratory and the rats were not the only specimen the mage Alexander pushed his needles into. With the help of the Witcher senses, Geralt can find a secret doorway and the mage's notes. A fresh corpse he found earlier on the island makes Geralt suspicious. In the laboratory he finally can hear the laments of the ghost of Anabelle.
Geralt should pay attention to what the ghost of Anabelle is telling him.
- After he has listened to her, he must decide if he believes her story or not.
- He either can collect her bones and bring them to Graham or talk to Graham and bring him to the island.
- The first way leads to Graham's death and the Plague maiden to be freed - which will cause an outbreak of a disease.
- The second will free Anabelle's ghost/lift the curse, but also kill Graham, after he kissed her.
Five successfully watched projections give 50 each, sixth projection (the one with a man killed by some monster) - 100 (maybe additional 50 are given not for this particular projection, but for completing sub-quest in finding all of the ghosts), talking with the ghost of Anabelle 100 , bringing Graham to the island and lifting the Curse 500 , bringing Anabelle's remains to Graham - 300 . So, in optimal case you can get 950 + for killing monsters, which makes this secondary quest one of the most XP rewarding in the early stage of the game.
After Geralt has returned to Keira and spoken to her, she will ask Geralt for another favor concerning some ingredients she is awaiting delivery from Novigrad. Once Geralt has left her hut, the Pellar is waiting for Geralt with the quest Forefathers' Eve, which also occurs on Fyke Island.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Keira Metz
- Anabelle - Vserad's daughter/her ghost
- Graham - a fisherman from Oreton
- Vserad - a noble man, mentioned only
- Alexander - a mage and epidemiologist, mentioned only
Journal Entry[edit | edit source]
- A horrible curse had befallen Fyke Isle and the tower that stood upon it. Half a year prior, Lord Vserad had moved his court there, seeking shelter from approaching Nilfgaardian armies. While famine raged all around, the lord of Velen wallowed in excess and cared not a whit for his suffering vassals. The gods saw fit to punish him and, towards this end, cursed him. One day, a host of mice scurried into the tower and proceeded to devour everything, including Vserad, his court and his resident mage, Alexander.
- The isle had been haunted since that day, and fishermen feared to sail the lake, putting yet another dent in the already battered local economy. The local peasants thus asked Keira to lift the curse, and she turned to the witcher for help. Enticed by Keira's charms and her promise of additional rewards, Geralt took on the task. The sorceress equipped him with a magic lamp he could use to commune with dead souls, gave him a firm pat on the rear for good luck and sent him off to lift the curse.
If Geralt brings Anabelle's remains to Graham:
- During his investigation of the isle, Geralt discovered the lord's daughter, Anabelle, was the key to lifting the curse. She had died along with the others and her spirit now roamed the tower's empty halls, trapped in this vale of tears by her love for a fisherman named Graham.
- Geralt thought taking her remains to the fisherman would solve everything - but instead it led to catastrophe. Anabelle, he discovered, was not an unfortunate lost soul but a dangerous plague maiden. The wraith had tricked Geralt - when he removed Anabelle's remains from the tower the plague maiden was freed from her prison and ventured out into the world to spread disease and pestilence.
If Geralt brings Graham to the tower:
- During his investigation of the isle, Geralt discovered the lord's daughter, Anabelle, was the key to lifting the curse. She had died along with the others and her spirit now roamed the tower's empty halls, trapped in this vale of tears by her love for a fisherman named Graham. Geralt lifted the curse by bringing Graham back to see his love, but the story did not end happily. The young man's kiss dispatched the wraith into eternal slumber, but killed Graham - for, as Geralt realized all too late, Anabelle's ghost had become a deadly plague maiden, a spectral sower of disease and pestilence.
Items[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Find a way to get to Fyke Isle
- Head toward the tower
- Explore the tower
- Find the mage Alexander's laboratory
- Use Keira's lamp to investigate Alexander's laboratory
- Use the magic lamp to contact Anabelle
- Take Anabelle to Graham
- Tell Keira you've lifted the curse on Fyke Isle
- Investigate what happened