A Tome Entombed
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
"A Tome Entombed"
|50 / ??|
A Tomb Entombed is one of the quests available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. In it, Geralt encounters Professor Vairmont of the Oxenfurt Academy department off Applied Archeology, trying to open a stone sarcophagus in which he believes lies an ancient elven tome - the Dar'Ah manuscript, which could shed a new light on Aen Elle - Aen Seidhe conflict.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- While in the passageways underneath Novigrad (I've been there as well, and don't recommend them as tourist destinations – if the stench doesn't get you, the monsters will) Geralt met a scholar who was excavating in search of traces of long-lost cultures. The professor asked Geralt for help removing the lid from a certain ancient sarcophagus.
If Geralt wakes the vampire a second time:
- Geralt decided to promote the advancement of knowledge and help the scholar open the sarcophagus. Instead of the expected withered skeleton, inside lay a fully fleshy vampire. He was not hostile at first and mere asked for a bit of peace and quiet while he finished his rest. The scholar, however, had no intention of respecting this wish. Geralt could not stop him and... the vampire lost his temper and attacked Geralt and the bothersome professor. Whether he wanted to or not, Geralt now had to end its life.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Return to Professor Vairmont if you want to help him with the sarcophagus
- Kill the vampire
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There doesn't seem to be an option to finish the quest without disturbing the vampire the second time which always ends in a fight.
- One entrance to the sewers that lead to ancient crypt is found in The Bits, and another is located in the tower near Tretogor Gate.
- You need to use Aard to break the sewers wall in one place to get to the crypt.
- It's possible that the vampire sealed the wall from inside to prevent anyone from finding him.
- Behind the statue in the center of the crypt, there is a rope hanging from a ledge which is seen high up. Professor Vairmont likely got in using it and some passage above.