The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
A Sword for Monsters
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
|"A Sword for Monsters"|
A Sword for Monsters is a quest in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
During the encounter with the dragon in the Prologue, Geralt unfortunately loses his silver sword.
There are several ways to obtain a silver sword and hence completing the quest:
- A Diagram: Witcher's silver sword can be found in a chest right after you jump out of Roche's ship in Flotsam. Take this diagram to any of the craftsman to make the sword. Silver ore can be purchased from merchants or looted from a select few bandits.
- A Silver-plated sword can be purchased from Berthold Candeleria.
- A Robust witchers' silver sword can be purchased from Mysterious merchant.
- A crafting diagram can be found in a chest while sneaking around in "Indecent Proposal"
Notes[edit | edit source]
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- A witcher stripped of his monster-fighting sword is like a dwarf without a beard. Geralt's silver blade had flown off with the dragon just after their memorable encounter on the walls of La Valette Castle, so our hero needed a new one. The best though certainly not the only way to acquire one was to have it forged by the dwarf blacksmith who had a workshop in Flotsam's nonhuman district.
- With the silver sword in hand at last, Geralt's job became incomparably easier. Finally equipped like a witcher should be, our hero took to solving his own and other's problems with renewed energy.