A Matter of Life and Death (The Witcher 3)
|This article is about the quest from The Witcher 3. For the quest from The Witcher 2, see A Matter of Life and Death (The Witcher 2).|
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
"A Matter of Life and Death"
|?? / ?? |
|Count Reuven's Treasure|
The Play's the Thing
Now or Never
Race: The Great Erasmus Vegelbud Memorial Derby
A Matter of Life and Death is one of the quests available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. During the evening, if Geralt speaks with the croupier, he can take on three rich opponents in games of Gwent and win their cards.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Of all the so-called "witches" they hunted, there was none the witch hunters wanted more than Triss Merigold, a sorceress of unequaled power. Even in hiding she had proven a thorn in their side, masterminding an underground net of hideouts and covers, keeping other mages out of the hunters' blood-stained hands. When Geralt entered the city, he met up with his dear friend and sometime love. And when the time came that she needed his help with her endeavor, she did not hesitate to ask.
- Their contact revealed that the son of Ingrid Vegelbud, scion of a wealthy Novigrad family, dabbled in alchemy. For that reason he had become a person of much interest to the witch hunters. When Ingrid learned of Triss' operations, she sent her servant to ask the sorceress to spirit her son somewhere far away from his persecutors. The hunters kept a close eye on her residence, so they would need a distraction - and her upcoming masquerade ball promised to provide just that.
- Young Albert's rescue did not prove to be Triss' slickest extraction ever. First she had trouble even finding the young alchemist amidst the throng of revelers, and then Geralt ran into trouble with a group of witch hunter infiltrators. Still, with a bit of luck and a bit of cunning our heroes managed to escape the residence and smuggle Vegelbud out without a scratch on him. Mission accomplished. Geralt and Triss had proven once again how well they work together as a team - but as a couple, well, events at the Vegelbuds' only complicated that matter...
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Visit Triss Merigold at her hideout
- Meet the Vegelbuds' servant at the fishmarket. He's wearing a blue shirt and has keys hanging from his belt (keys are on the back of his belt)
- User your Witcher Senses to find the Vegelbuds' servant. Dressed in a blue tunic, he has keys strapped to his belt.
- Follow the Vegelbuds' servant
- Help the servant fight off the bandits
- Buy a fox mask for Triss Merigold
- (Optional) Put on your new doublet, trousers and boots before going to Triss
- Bring Triss the fox mask
- Meet Triss Merigold at her hideout
- Go to the Vegelbuds' residence after dark and talk to the guard
- Return to Triss Merigold
- Meet Ingrid Vegelbud
- Find Albert Vegelbud. He's wearing a panther mask
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Geralt and Triss rescue Albert, he will be among the mages Triss smuggles out of Novigrad.