Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
A Costly Mistake
"A Costly Mistake"
|Along the coast north of Coast of Wrecks and west of Hangman's Alley|
|?? / ?? |
This is one of many treasure hunts along the western shores of Velen.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Those were the days... You'd smuggle a few bottles of hooch into Oxenfurt, then loiter about the dormitories selling it to students. You'd come away with a hefty sack of coin, and they'd have their spirits fortified for study. Then along came Radovid, who shut down the university, chased the students away and positioned ballistae on the riverbank to sink everything floating up or down the Pontar, swans included.
- But there's not been a dark cloud yet that didn't have a silver lining. Yesterday I saw our brave soldiers sink a merchant vessel. Went straight to the bottom, id did, along with its whole crew... and its cargo. A shame about the men, really, but it would just [be] as big a shame to let all those goods go to waste. So me and Martin will fish them out, dry them off and sell them – and maybe at last I'll have something to put in my pot.
- The gradual expansion of literacy in the Northern Realms pleased Geralt greatly, for this meant he happened across more and more interesting notes and missives - such as those he once found on the banks of the Pontar, near Oxenfurt…
- The Redanian soldiers' mistake turned out to be Geralt's good fortune. He rescued several valuable items from the ship they sank, then traded them for a great deal of coin.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Read the letter you found.
- Find the sunken treasure using your Witcher Senses.