Note: This is not the latest patch. The latest patch is here.
The 1.2 patch was released on December 20, 2007.
Changelog[edit | edit source]
Gameplay and text bugs fixed[edit | edit source]
- Fixes for Alina not being at her home when she should (Chapter 4).
- Wives' Tears Potion fixes.
- Fixes for usable doors on the swamps (Chapter 5).
- Fixes for Alchemist in manufacture giving quest items to Geralt (Chapter 3).
- Fixes for some items to be found in Fields (Chapter 4).
- Fixes for a disappearing enemy in quest Haunted House (Chapter 2).
- Fixed problems with Alvin's spawn (Chapter 1).
- Few minor text fixes for all languages.
Code bugs fixed[edit | edit source]
- Loading times are much faster!
- Saving is much faster!
- Another portion of stability improvements.
- Fix for rare "red rectangle" effect on loading bar.
- Quest tracking fixes.
- Some cursor fixes connected with finishers in tight places.
- Quest now will not update when Geralt is dead causing multiple problems.
- Autosave mechanism fixes (numeration).
- Savegame files fixes — some irrelevant information was sometimes generated inside.
- The game will not make an autosave if Geralt has an effect preventing him from talking (like knockdown, stun, push) * the result would be no talking at all for the rest of the game.
- Now you can not attack neutral NPCs if you input the second (etc.) sword sequence in them, while first attacking a hostile.
- Dandelion's music will not be 'echoed' while changing location twice.
- The game can handle broken savegames now — it returns to main menu.
- Motion blur effect will not stay active despite Blizzard potion wearing off — drinking, then changing location, then cutscene.
- Final fixes for weapons disappearing from enemies' hands.
- Grass and small stones being multiplied — fixed.
- Fixes for receiving damage from Striga while being far away.
Art bugs fixed[edit | edit source]
- Few level decoration fixes.
- Fixes for barghest attack animation.
Does not fix Vista Crash problem.
Download locations[edit | edit source]
The following mirror locations can be used to download the patch, if there is some trouble downloading from the game's launcher:
It has been reported that if you get an error message starting with
setupNew\setup.cpp, it is because you did not get the entire file. Try another mirror.