|This article is about the Igni sign in general. For its attribute tree, see Igni attribute tree. For its talent descriptions, see Igni (character development). For the ability in The Witcher 3, see Igni Sign (ability).|
In The Witcher computer game[edit | edit source]
Igni is most likely the second Sign Geralt "learns" (or re-learns!) over the course of the game. It can first be acquired from the Circle of Inner Fire in the Crypt in the outskirts (see the list of Circles of Elements below for other locations. Its icon is based on the alchemical symbol for Fire. The witcher's skill with the sign is developed through the allocation of talents.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- To use the Igni sign, right-click on the desired target.
- Endurance is used whenever the sign is cast, if the overall level is too low, Geralt will not be able to cast the sign.
Circles of Elements[edit | edit source]
Circles of Elements dedicated to the Igni sign include:
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Info from Damar's Definitive Guide to Witcher Signs (the original post has now been removed from the forum):
- Ah, Igni. This is arguably your greatest tool of mass destruction, and when upgraded, it gets so powerful that using it almost feels like cheating. There is a grand total of one enemy type in the whole game that is immune to Igni. Everyone else burns just fine.
- Unlike Aard, Igni starts out rather mediocre. It consumes a good amount of Endurance, but without upgrades, the damage it inflicts is downright pathetic. Once you buy into it, however, it quickly becomes Geralt's most devastating attack. It pushes enemies back; it sets them on fire for a nice Damage over Time effect; and it even has a built-in crowd control mechanism that sometimes makes humanoids stop, scream and try to beat out the flames. This is different from the Pain effect, but it does stop your enemies from trying to bash your skull in, if only briefly.
In The Price of Neutrality premium module[edit | edit source]
There are only two circles of elements in "The Price of Neutrality" and only one of them is for Igni. It has no special name.
Upgrading the Igni Sign with "Enhanced Igni Sign" (in the Magic tree) will increase its damage output, its effective range, grants a chance to set enemies on fire with Incineration, and grants it area of effect damage.
The base ability produces a directed fiery blast that damages enemies. This blast scales with weapons and armor enhancements which govern Sign intensity. There are four other Igni-related abilities which can be enhanced by allocating Ability points via the Character panel:
There are six places of power scattered throughout the game regions that enhance the sign.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Igni is probably derived from the Latin word ignis, fire.
- In the book series Geralt not only uses Igni during battles, but also in daily life, like fixing a pot to be able to prepare pike soup.