Grand Master of the Order
|This article concerns a character that appears only in The Witcher computer game. Its contents might therefore contradict information from Andrzej Sapkowski's books and other adaptations.|
Grand Master is the supreme leader of the Orders of White and Flaming Rose. His authority is almost but not quite the ultimate power; he does have superiors, the heads of the countries where there are bastions of the Order. In Temeria, that is Foltest.
In the game the Grand Master is Jacques de Aldersberg. He does not like King Foltest and plans to overthrow him. If Geralt takes the Order path, he joins Siegfried of Denesle and the knights loyal to the King and fights the Grand Master. After defeating Aldersberg, Siegfried is made the new Grand Master by Foltest.
Known Grand Masters[edit | edit source]
- Hugues de Napeys - founder and first Grand Master of the Order of the White Rose
- Rudolf Valaris - Grand Master of the Order of the White Rose (before Jacques)
- Jacques de Aldersberg - Grand Master of the Order of the White Rose; after conclave Grand Master of the Order of the Flaming Rose (see also: The Flower and the Flame) (? — 1273)
- Siegfried of Denesle - Grand Master of the Order of the Flaming Rose (1273 — ?; only if the player takes the Order's side)
- Ulrich - Grand Master of the Order of the Flaming Rose (? — ?; Hearts of Stone expansion)