Blood and Wine
|CD Projekt RED|
| Microsoft Windows|
|May 31, 2016|
| BBFC: 18|
|Optical disc, Download, Cloud computing|
Blood and Wine is the second add-on adventure for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Announced on April 7, 2015, along with Hearts of Stone, it was released on May 31, 2016 for all three platforms: Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. 
- Blood and Wine, a 20-hour-plus tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.
The expansion features new characters, new powerful monsters, new armors, new weapons, and a new Gwent deck of cards. Furthermore, it will introduce a new gameplay mechanic called Mutations in addition to armor dyeing. The quests are designed for Geralt characters level 34 or higher. Its content can be accessed before and during New Game +.
- Become professional monster slayer Geralt of Rivia and explore Toussaint, a remote land untouched by war, where you will unravel the horrifying secret behind a beast terrorizing the kingdom. With all trails leading to dead ends, only a witcher can solve the mystery and survive the evil lurking in the night. Introducing an entirely new realm to traverse, new characters and monsters, Blood and Wine is a 30+ hour adventure full of dark deeds, unexpected twists, romance and deceit.
Features[edit | edit source]
Explore an entirely new part of The Witcher’s vast open world – the land of wine, Toussaint:
- Embark on over 30 hours of new adventures and discover a land unlike anything you’ve seen in Wild Hunt or Hearts of Stone.
- Visit new points of interest and set out on new side-quests in a realm rivalling No Man’s Land or Novigrad in size.
- Kick back and relax in your very own vineyard, Corvo Bianco, a real home away from home.
Hunt down an elusive beast terrorizing the kingdom:
- Unravel the mystery of the strange killings – investigate a series of brutal murders and decipher the pattern to predict who’s going to die next.
- Discover the dirty secrets of Toussaint’s capital, Beauclair – explore the city by day, ask questions by night.
- Use new gear, items, and combine them with your skill to slay monsters never before seen in the series.
Embark on your final quest in a world still brimming with things to do:
- Visit a world of fairytales gone wrong and battle surreal creatures you know from children’s tales and books.
- Dye witcher armors in different colors thanks to an all-new game mechanic.
- Take on knights in a grand tourney to show your true fighting skill, or set out to discover the gruesome mystery behind a spoon-collecting creature known as a wight.
- Team up with powerful allies to take down the beast terrorizing the kingdom, or turn a blind eye to what’s going on and play Gwent with an all-new Skellige deck.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The region of Toussaint has never before been seen in The Witcher series and contains:
- Over 90 new quests.
- Over 40 new points of interest.
- More than 30 new weapons.
- More than 20 new monsters.
- Dynamic Points of Interest system – interacting with the main POI of a given area will affect adjacent points of interest (e.g. killing bandits in a ruined castle hideout will affect the number of enemies in surrounding camps).
- 14000 lines of dialogue (Hearts of Stone had 6000 lines).
- 100 individual pieces of armour (including new witcher sets).
- A new witcher armor class, ‘Grandmaster’.
- New Game + (NG+) maximum level increased to 100.
- All new armour dye mechanic – every piece of witcher gear can have its color changed by using a dye. Dyes can be obtained in various ways: they can be bought from the new dye merchant; crafted from a recipe; dropped as loot. Dyes can only be obtained in Toussaint.
Mutations[edit | edit source]
The Mutation system consists of 12 new and unique combat abilities, with their true potential unleashed by playing NG+. They are first unlocked through a quest started by a letter from Yennefer.
- A sign can land critical hits. Enemies killed with a critical hit from a sign explode.
- Instead of dying, the Player is healed and gets damage immunity.
- Opponents knocked down by Aard freeze and die instantly. Opponents that were not knocked down become frozen.
User interface[edit | edit source]
The user interface (UI) has been significantly redesigned, making greater use of space while improving content identification and information flow. Books have been moved to the glossary section and looting a readable book offers a notification that grants instant access to its contents. Geralt's model can also be rotated in the Statistics panel.
Character panel[edit | edit source]
Crafting panel[edit | edit source]
Inventory panel[edit | edit source]
Shops[edit | edit source]
Statistics panel[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- For more information on obtaining the expansions, see buy.thewitcher.com.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Anna Henrietta and her entourage
References[edit | edit source]
- Official Twitter post, last visited March 18, 2016.
- Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine - two massive expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, last visited April 7th, 2015.
- Fact Sheet – The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine, given out at the Berlin reveal invitational